Posted by: admin | on May 30, 2012
Electrostatic Spray Tribo Charging is the second most common method of spraying a powder coating. This method relies on the powder to develop a charge while passing through special hoses and guns. As powder contacts these non-conductive surfaces,electrons are stripped off of the particles due to friction. These particles then develop a powerful positive charge. No high voltage or lines of force are used which allows for easier penetration into deep recesses. Tribo charging is efficient in developing a static charge within the powder,however,coatings must be specifically formulated for this system.
Advantages:No high voltage required; Better penetration into recessed areas; Slightly lower capital costs
Disadvantages:level of charge varies with powder chemistry and formula; Slower rate of application; Transfer efficiency is lower than corona charging system;Required more guns; Wears out parts faster.
- Applications of Liquid electrostatic spray-Electrostatic Oiler
- Conventional electrostatic charging(CORONA CHARGING) for powder coating
- Powder particles are electrostatically charged using Corona or Tribostatic Charging
- Factors affecting the utilization of electrostatic spraying
- Electrostatic powder coating accident prevention
- Spray process and requirements for general and art powder coatings