New benefits due to the combined technology of UV and powder coating
The latest development in powder coatings is the combination of powder coating technology and UV technology. This approach shows some very important benefits. The benefits due to powder coating technology versus liquid coatings are:
- Elimination or reduction of intermediate sanding steps;
- High performance at high utilization rate, reclaim leading to 95% powder usage;
- No VOC during the curing process; and
- Easy recycling and no waste treatment.
New benefits due to the combined technology of UV and powder coating are:
- Split between melting by IR or convection and the curing process;
- Application of complete board in one step in vertical line;
- Better and undisturbed levelling by separation of the flow and cure phases;
- No cooling of the coated object required;
- Good storage stability below 50 ºC;
- Good adhesion on different substrates;
- Design with good ODD.