Powder particles are electrostatically charged using Corona or Tribostatic Charging
Posted by: FEIHONG Powders |on August 21, 2012
Today, practically all powder coatings are applied using an electrostatic spraying process. A common factor with all such processes is that the powder particles are electrically charged whilst the object requiring coating remains earthed. The resultant electrostatic attraction being adequate to allow the build-up of sufficient film of powder on the object, thus holding the dry powder in place until melting occurs with subsequent binding to the surface.
Powder particles are electrostatically charged using one of the following techniques:
- Conventional Electrostatic Charging (Corona Charging) by passing the powder through a high-voltage electrostatic field.
- Friction Charging (Tribostatic Charging) which generates an electrostatic charge on the powder as it rubs against an insulator.
- Some important factors influencing powder spraying efficiency
- Friction Charging (Tribostatic Charging) for powder coating
- Conventional electrostatic charging(CORONA CHARGING) for powder coating
- Electrostatic powder coating accident prevention
- Spray process and requirements for general and art powder coatings
- Electrostatic spraying gun