HOW TO SPRAY METALLIC POWDER COATING
Posted by: FEIHONG Powders |on August 11, 2012
Since metallic powder coating of this type is made by adding pure finely ground mica or aluminum or bronze particles, you are actually spraying a mix of both the plastic powder and the fine aluminum powder mixed with it. With different guns the metallic particles in relation to the ground object may orient themselves differently. The orientation of the aluminum particles will determine the final finish.
- Reduce dosing air, as low as possible to get a smooth soft flow.
- Preferably use Dipstick or gravity cup so that fluidization air flow does not disturb particle size distribution.
- Increase distance between gun and object to at least 8 inch or more.
- Try with different nozzle especially soft flow nozzle.
- Make sure that the powder coated material is put straight in an oven temperature of 200ºC —- if the oven will be at room temperature, the coating will flow at 150° and disturb the texture thus creating a smooth finish.
- Tips before construction of pearlescent powder coating
- Big difference between bonded and non-bonded powders
- Dry-Blended metallic powder coating VS Bonded metallic powder coating
- More durable powder coated aluminum
- A number of color innovations have been achieved for powder coatings
- Bonded metallic powder coating supply a constant metallic effect