Advantages and disadvantages of powder coating
Advantages of Powder Coating
Performance and quality:
- 1.Tougher,more durable coatings;
- 2. More impervious and corrosion resistant ;
- 3.More consistent finishes.
- 1.Ease of application;
- 2.Fewer rejected parts ;
- 3.Reduced cleanup ;
- 4.Fast turnaround.
- 1.Lower disposal costs;
- 2.Lower energy costs
- 3.Lower labor costs ;
- 4.Lower reject costs ;
- 5.Lower applied materials costs.
- 1.Near 0VOC ;
- 2.No sludge or solvent disposal;
- 3.Virtually 100% efficient in material use;
- 4.Reduced health ,fire,and safety hazards
Disadvantages of Powder Coating
- Difficult to obtain Thin film: Thin films(25um) are more difficult to obtain with powder than with wet paint.
- Color changing is slower: Color change is much slower with powder coatings than with liquid paints.
- Powders can not be mixed:Powders can not be mixed with one another to obtain different colors.