Advantages of polyurethane coatings
100% solids polyurethane coatings offer very unique handling, performance and environmental advantages. To the end users, this means a greater assurance of achieving the desired result on time and on budget. To the applicator, it means high throughput and fewer callbacks. Imagine, for example, coatings that:
- are 100% solids, having zero or near zero VOC’s
- set at virtually any temperature – winter and summer
- are non flammable, solvent free and as safe as house paint
- are self-priming can be applied in a single multi-pass coat to any dry film thickness
- set in minutes
- can be put into service within hours
- are easily touched up if damaged
- are non-dangerous goods for transportation
- require no post curing, ever.
Accompanying these handling advantages are a number of important performance advantages.
- superior adhesion without using any primer
- resistance to chemical attack
- resistance to gouging and abrasion
- flexibility and resilience
- inertness, freedom from embrittlement
- resistance to disbondment forces
- a number of national and international approvals (UL, NSF, British Gas, etc.)
- a totally monolithic, seamless polymer sheet virtually fused to the substrate.