Nanjing 2014 Youth Olympic Games
On 10 February 2010, the 122nd IOC session at Vancouver announced Nanjing as the host city for the 2nd Summer Youth Olympic Games.
The slogan of the Nanjing 2014 Youth Olympic Games is “Share the Games, Share our Dreams”.
Nanjing 2014 aims to:
- Boost self-discovery, active participation and creativity among young people, both in the sports arenas and in their everyday lives;
- Promote understanding of different cultures, build friendships and help young people to appreciate responsibility in a mature way;
- Advocate fair competition and respect for rules;
- Build awareness for a healthy lifestyle and protection of the environment;
- Boost young people’s self-confidence